"The customer’s perception is your reality.”
Reviews can be very useful for anyone looking for insight on a company, product or service. At a quick glance a positive or negative review could be the difference between gaining or losing a customer…★★★★☆ can be a business' friend or foe.
To dig deeper into what you can do as a business, here are seven social media tips and tricks to maintain your reviews:
Identify Most Relevant Online Review Sites
- With many review Apps and websites to choose from, it is important to use the most relevant review sites. Stay unique and make sure you are on the most relevant review site to your target audience. Here is a list of popular review sites:
Respond to Your Online Reviews
- Responding in a timely manner shows that you’re listening to the customer and the customer is being heard. No matter what the review is, approach it with politeness and staying engaged in conversation. When necessary or appropriate, ask the customer to contact you directly to obtain a better understanding of their experience.
Encourage Happy Customers to Give Positive Reviews
- Happy Customers = Positive Reviews. It is 100% acceptable to ask for a review when a customer raved about what you did for them; share the positives on your social media platforms.
Promote Your Business On Review & Social Media Sites
- Promotion - show and share your fan base how great you really are by promoting it on your social media pages. Being creative will keep it fun and more interactive than the typical “Follow us on Twitter” or “Like us on Facebook”. A few different ways to increase presence could be:
- Website Widgets
- QR codes
- Banners and Posters
Identify & Resolve Customer issues
- Locate and resolve any customer concerns; responding can ensure them that you are working on the problem ( and be sure to, immediately!). Later, follow up with how you have established a solution to their problem.
Leverage Feedback & Reviews to Gain Customer Insights
- Review data! Everyone’s favorite thing to do...but seriously, after reviewing analytics and reporting features shared with you will get a better insight on how your customers think. Information data that can be shared could show service/product improvements, reputation, pricing and benchmarking.
Share Positive Feedback With Your Team
- Keep your employees happy and motivated by showing them how much you appreciate their hard work. If reviews are flocking in with customer engagement, likes or favorites make sure you CELEBRATE!